Friday 15 February 2013

The Last Day




In this last day, what I have enjoyed most is the exercise that we were performing. Writing the article about China-Africa relation is one of the interesting thing to me.Also, checking different African news sites such as Tanzania Government Website, Tanzania Parliament websiteJamii forum, Reuters AfricaInter Press ServiceIRIN, allAfrica, DailyNation, DailyMonitor, MailGuardian, The guardian, Africa the good news, Hiraanonline, Pambazukanews, African Election DatabaseAfrican literature, Africanstudies, failedFutures, Free eBooks, Plagiarism site and the funny site that enable a person to know greetingsin more than 2500 languages. Also the BBC, DW, VOA and  Al-Jazeera
·        
·   With the above sites, I have managed to secure important links that will be very useful to me and my students in the fact finding process of learning    


The Past 5 Days:

In a nutshell, for the whole of 5 days training, I have managed to acquire those skills as I pointed out on the first day of the training that I would love to get for the purpose of bringing back what I would learn to my students and colleagues.

I have been using internet for several ways but in a way that I could not access information easily. But with this useful training, I received a package for a lifetime.

For that case I am confident enough to run a small workshop preferably to my third year students who are going to start writing their dissertation, and they would need to have different ways of searching for relevant information about their respective research topics. 

I will also advice my Head of School, to have me training my colleagues since with experience I have very few of them can be able to work with the internet sources and mostly ending up rely on the hard copy reading materials. 

Lastly I would like to send my heartfelt appreciation to Media Institute of Southern Africa, Tanzania chapter  (MISA-Tan) in collaboration with Finnish foundation for media and Development (VIKES) for arranging this useful training. Hoping that the created network will last for long. 
Beside , I would like to send my personal thanx to the training facilitator Peik Johansson and Ms. Cecilia for their assistance throughout

No comments:

Post a Comment