Thursday 14 February 2013

The Fourth Day of the Training:




On the fourth day, I was very impressed with the exercise we have undergone. Those exercises include fact finding in a way that it has improved my knowledge. Before, I used to go through a long way on how I could find for a book, article or any fact through the internet. The situation was a bit complicated as I could spend much time in search for a single element which sometimes I could end up with nothing. But with this training I am sure that I am in a position of working faster despite having unlimited internet connection that sometimes I do experience.

In addition to that the Google search engines such as Google Scholar, Google map, are very important sites to visit so as to find some information. With Google search, facts can be obtained easily with a shortcut way. The importance of Google Scholar to me is relevant as it is a site that I visit to obtain scholarly works that are useful to me and my students.  

Also, the fact that we were supposed to read and bring our opinion on Dambisa Moyo’s Dead Aid,  I have been happy to read and reflect on the reading as I like posing some discussions and debates over the African heritage that in one way or another is lost; knowingly or unknowingly. Also in my Peace and Conflict studies, I have undergone such debates of whether the African Continent is a result of colonial invasions or the syndrome that has been planted for ages by the some Africans who betrayed their fellow Africans. 

On the side of blog posting, again it is important for the journalist (blogger) to know exactly what s/he wants to post by constructing his/her story in a logic manner. Having something to write is one thing but knowing how one is going to write is another important thing to consider before posting anything in a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment