Tuesday 12 February 2013

ON THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING!



My name is Zuhura Selemani. I am a Tutorial Assistant at the School of Journalism and Mass Communication of the University of Dar es Salaam. I am a journalist by profession, specialized in radio production and broadcasting.

The whole of this week, I am attending training on the training on the effective use of Internet in modern journalism world; that is conducted in Dar es Salaam city centre.
The training discussion is on how internet usage has changed the world in every sphere of life.  Also how internet can facilitate fact finding, research, news monitoring and publication in news media.

The very main expectation that I have is to acquire skills, knowledge and experience from the facilitator and my colleagues regarding this topic so that I can be in a good position of sharing the acquired expertise to my students and co workers.


SESSION ONE:

On the first day of the training, I learned how use internet to perform several online actions such as online booking for a train from Helsinki to Turku. I also learned how to book for a flight-Fast Jet to and from Dar es Salaam to Mwanza. 

Apart from that, I get to know different websites that are very potential in the sense of online shopping sites such as eBay and Amazon, internet games such as miniclip.com, online video and audio such as You Tube & napster.com, investigative sites such as wikileaks.com and other information giving sites such as Wikipedia the free encyclopedia. 

What I liked most during the session was the fact that we were doing things in a practical way. Being taught about how we can do online booking was meaningful after we had a practical part of it. Again, the fact that we are discussing about internet-which creates network; therefore the introductory part was meaningful as it enabled participant to know each other. It is my hope that this is the beginning of a creation of a new network that will enable participants to create a network which will help them now and in the near future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment